Tuesday, March 4, 2008

As I wait about...

I lay silent as the world went about,
They came first for the African
Its wasn’t my continent
So I didn’t speak a word.

I lay silent as the world went about,
They came then for the Arabs
It wasn’t my neighborhood
So I dint speak a word.

I lay silent as the world went about,
They then came for my country
It wasn’t my southern clan
So didn’t speak a word.

I lay silent as the world went about
They then came for my state
It wasn’t my city
So I didn’t speak a word

They then came for my city
It was my home they burnt to the ground

Suddenly,
When I thought to speak a word,
There was no one left to hear them aloud.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this one is right on.indifference to the suffering of others, will find it's way to your door.only a matter of time.