Friday, September 19, 2008

The Raver's Anthem

FABLING UTOPIA, POLITICAL ASTRAY
ADDICTED TO THE RYTHEM
HUNGRY FOR THE SOUND

CHEMICAL JUNKIE OR DEMON CHILD
WORSE HAVE BEEN CALLED
FAMILY LOST, FAMILY FOUND
TECHNOLOGICAL TRIBE
NO COUNTRY, NO HOME

PROPHET-LESS RELIGION
MOTHER EARTH'S SPAWN
SEEKING THE MYSTIC MUSIC
READING SACRED LYRIC-LESS BOOKS

SEE, SMELL, TASTE, HEAR
BUT MOST OF ALL FEEL
LIVE IN THIS MOMENT
WHILE GOD SPEAKS OUT

TRANSCEND INTO THE PULSE
FROM CONCRETE TO CLAY
FROM STEEL TO WOOD
AWAKE, DAWN THE ROOTS

BURN THE STICKS
DECODE THE COLORS

SPREAD THIS HARMONY
TOLERATE THE UNKNOWING
LOVE THE SIMPLE

UNIT WITH THE ONE
FREE YOUR SOUL

THE NIGHT MAY END,THE SYSTEMS MAY BURN
THE SUN MAY RISE & THE MIND MAY SHUT
BUT THIS MOVEMENT WILL BEAT STRONG
FOR YOU AND I WILL DANCE ON & ON..

A RAVER'S MUSIC BEATS FOREVER IN HIS HEART.

5 comments:

Simplexicon said...

My beloved has been introducing me slowly to many classic and new IDM (intelligent dance music) which I'm beginning to love, my appreciation for which came from the fundamentals of 'raver' or trance music in the late 1990s.

It's wonderful to see this poem. Why did you chose all caps for the type?

It was cool to find a kindred spirit halfway across the world, I've taken a fairly long look at your poetry.

Did you check out my more 'drafty' stuff on http://poeticterrorist.com/blog ? That's where the heavier writing projects are brewing. Working on one right now that'll end up being dozens of pages long, a kind of manifesto for living with intense freedom and courage.

I wish you all the best.

Indrajit said...

I am too late here, maybe after ages I came here, nbut loved the vibrating beats in this peom... WOnt say more, in case you start flying...:p

But kp writing many more gems.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Indrajit said...

BUT THIS MOVEMENT WILL BEAT STRONG
FOR YOU AND I WILL DANCE ON & ON..

Subhan allah!

Not tht u cme to my blog & i am being dutiful.... far from it bro....

I dont knw whr to begin. sinc eits logn time... I read 1 of ur poems in some site recently abt life n annihilation & some wondering n wandering thots wre thre.. i saved it in my work email,, can t rmmber whthr i emailed u spoecialy or not...

coming to emaILs, i had emailed u smtg fw dauys ago... well aparently.. as th email site wnt bonkers n th msg did not go aftr tht i lostr connctn.


If u hve read ths far, gr8, cos u r a busy man.. ;)


NOW....

ths poem hs a rustic touch to it... n inspired me to get a tattooo done serioulsy.. i hd ths desire since last fw days.. nw it just intesiofied tghnks to your poem... Bro..

N th ending was diffrnt ,

Arnav said...

Great work .. Music is truly the soul joyful companion even in dark scary nights ..