Sunday, November 25, 2007

Destiny Deceived ..or Not!

I am but a grain of sand
Slithering slow with my brothers

I was once free like my father
And his father before
From deepest desert and warm winds
I journey across... towards the mighty sea

It was there I joined my clan
Hearing all of the great stories and it's end

Of how, now man could built with us
Not only towers but castles and monuments too.

Or I heard of some who were tested
While only the purist resurrected
Baked out with the godly imagine
Of Ice which never melts – Glass

I longed for an eternity like that
Lasting time and weather too

Nay! I was only washed up
Cleared and shined
Even burnt by the sun

I was chosen from the millions around
As I knew I belonged to finest lot

Aye, I slip into this awaited abyss
Only Now…. to realize I am the keeper of Time!!!!

- The Hour Glass!

1 comment:

Shivangini Gupta said...

very very nice...
writing poetry this way is something I dream about.
great work!