Sunday, November 25, 2007

Life of a Leaf

Morning sun breeding light,
Kissing every part of this site.

It was among this I was to be born,
In between warm currents and cotton balls
I basked & glowed in my pride.
But it changed sooner than I thought,
As night came along with frost bit & snow
Cold Crispy Chill deafened my flow.

Then I limped away
Dragged by the whirling winds
Shoved into a corner beside nothingness

A Silver tint blazed about
Glowing as if showing me the way
I was cast away again,
But gentle I settled in
Calm collected I saw it was deep

As day broke,
I found I was being nudged along

But...
Rough tides forced me against my will
Then peaceful silence, I drifted thinking along
Its a trip to live up to,
The end would drawn on all of us soon.

Then why not caress this flight,
And jump of that cliff
Which beckon me to river bend.

..... And there I fell free
Finally Into the waterfall end!

As I drifted along the aqua ripples
thrust on me was a duty
A tiny 6-legged creature
thought I could save its life...

And so ,
The life of a leaf...
could save a little life..


This thought erased all my strife
Born a new story and a new sunrise.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
[i]********* the italic extension is added on with help from a dear friend and poet Latha [/i]


This is a tribute to a fantastic haiku poetess "Mamta"
Copyright(c) 2007 Sixthjan

1 comment:

Shivangini Gupta said...

hmmm this one is also interesting though check your grammar..
I think you wanted to write "dawn" and not "drawn"